This is a direct hire opportunity for a company you can believe in. A company with real possibilities and a strong pipeline. Our client is science-driven, patient-oriented, well-funded, and led by a team with robust experience.
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is responsible for providing inspirational leadership and strategic direction to Radius sales representatives; as a first line manager, the RSM will help their teams to identify customer needs, drive high impact sales interactions, and ensure that Radius meets/exceeds its sales objectives in an ethical and compliant manner. RSMs will achieve these critical objectives via interactive coaching of their representatives on a day-to-day basis to build their sales, leadership, and business analytic impact skills.
- Recruits and selects team members (Sales Representatives) and oversees their training and development. Establishes a high-performance team built on a culture of trust and collaboration, ethical and compliant behaviors, and a dedicated focus on science-driven customer interactions.
- Ensures all representatives meet/exceed product and brand strategy training targets -- including product attribute/claims understanding, awareness of competitive products, as well as related disease and patient management strategies. Shares learnings, information, and best practices with appropriate internal stakeholder.
- Sets ambitious performance objectives that support the achievement of business targets. Provides ongoing feedback and coaching throughout the year to direct reports to enhance their scientific and disease state expertise as well as to improve the impact of their customer interactions. Supplements daily coaching with highly effective mid-year and annual feedback discussions for direct reports.
- Lead team in strategic analyses of their local customers; uncovering key opportunities for growth, and adapting call activities to fit local dynamics. Uses analytic frame work to identify issues and opportunities, and helps team to consistently incorporate new perspectives and ideas. Effectively and efficiently manages resource allocation, including trade-off decisions, across customers and representatives. Works with Area Sales Director to make trade-offs within a larger geography.
- Conducts periodic field visits for key customers with each representative to assess performance and support development through coaching and modeling. Provides timely written and verbal individualized coaching, feedback and inspiration. Supports representative growth in current role and future roles.
- Routinely monitors all pertinent regional data sets and changes region business plan/tactics appropriately. Develops a plan to maximize the regional performance impact and the utilization of resources (e.g., sales calls, samples, promotional speaker programs, etc.) to support appropriate usage of abaloparatide.
- Maintains current understanding of key local market/practice structures, business models, and key influencers. Works with appropriate customers at accounts to understand practice structure, business model, key influencers, network structure, customer needs and identifies business opportunities
- Works collaboratively with other functional areas to identify and respond to local opportunities and customer needs. Does so by serving as a resource within one's region and by leveraging the expertise of others (e.g., Managed Markets ADs, Medical Affairs, Sales Operations, etc.). For select HCP/Accounts, leads/coordinates with customer team to develop customer strategy outlining strategy for interactions/relationship and potential offerings for the customer
- Work with Area Sales Director to develop a local business plan that ensures achievement of all KPI goals and delivery on all sales objectives. Capitalizes on formulary approvals and other opportunities through effective implementation of the strategic plan
The ideal candidate has:
- College degree required;
- Minimum of 5 years pharmaceutical or healthcare sales experience (prior Therapeutic Area or biologics experience highly desirable), must have field sales management experience.
- Prior experience in other commercial functions preferred (e.g. Marketing, Managed Markets).
- Demonstrated success in translating vision and strategy into tactical plans to drive business; ability to develop and execute localized business plans
- Must have strong sense of self-motivation/initiative, excellent decision-making judgment, strong teaming/collaboration skills (across functions) and the ability to learn and adapt to environment in order to overcome obstacles. Must be resilient and adaptable - ability to recover from setback and problems and learn from mistakes
- Effective communication, presentation, and decision-making skills (particularly in resource allocation) Exceptional ability to clearly communicate and articulate strategy and tactics in a way that motivates and energizes customer team
- Experience working with Specialty Pharmacies, Distribution Hubs, and Managed Care providers to ensure customers and patients needs are addressed is a plus
Syneos Health and it s clients are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)