You re a clinician, a patient advocate and an educator and you excel at every one of them.
If there s one thing your years of clinical training and patient education have taught you, it s how to manage priorities, and move seamlessly from one challenge to the next. You get people to listen to your wise advice, and to overcome their fears of new and existing medical therapies by instilling confidence and sharing expertise while displaying passion. It s time to turn those diverse talents to an exciting new field, and become an integral part of the Clinical Education team with Syneos Health.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 21,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
Our laser focus on healthcare professionals allows you to join our team of more than 1,000 nurses, pharmacists and related healthcare professionals. We offer Clinical Nurse Educators, On-call/Nurse Specialists, Medical Liaisons, Medical Affairs support and other MedEd teams.
In this role, you ll provide clinical expertise to patients through utilization of your clinical skills and education, helping them to improve patient outcomes. In this role, you'll explain and provide the information and materials available to assist patients in the proper use and adherence of the medication. Focusing on differentiating the client s product by building patient support and physician loyalty through follow up and patient education, you will:
- Provide inbound and outbound customer (patient) support in a pharmaceutical environment. Interact with patients to gain agreement of the value of the medication to assure proper adherence to therapy
- Provide weekly approved messaging for a period of 90 days post-treatment followed by a quarterly cadence for a period of 9 months
- Trouble shooting and problem solving with clinical issues that may arise with patients.
- Follow up training of patients remotely either by phone or webcam according to patients' needs.
- Facilitate access to the internal client support services for these patients
- Initiate contact with the dispensing pharmacy to explain their role: answering questions about the medication therapy using client approved information, checking in weekly with the patient while the patient is on the medication, providing general guidance on dietary management, providing information for pharmacist to titrate therapies appropriately under consultation with patient prescriber and providing assistance in locating a local dietitian
- Offer and provide access to internal client resources on education sessions on care management plans and reimbursement
- Participate in and/or lead and develop teleconferencing, video conferencing, and newsletter contributions
- Understands and utilizes Telephony system and records appropriate information in the SalesForce.com data base in accordance with customer business rules and training.
- Document all call information in Salesforce.com CRM system.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Active RN license in good standing with no restrictions
- 2+ years in customer service field/or a combination of education and patient care experience in a chronic condition
- Experience in chronic care such as diabetes, and short bowel syndrome a plus
- Experience with injectable therapies
- Ability to work an 11:30 am EST to 8:00 pm EST schedule and be on-call nights and weekends every third week
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Ability to multitask, take direction, and maintain prioritization
- Excellent follow-up skills Understands importance of stakeholder management; clear, concise and prompt communicator, develops strong relationships and open communication with stakeholders
- Must have strong computer skills
- Must be able to type 35 wpm.
Full inVentiv Health benefits which include:
- Generous paid time off and company paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision package
- Matching 401K
- Dedicated training and support
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses and other personalized quality of life conveniences
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in the evolution of clinical education.
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)