Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Business Solutions Expert, Scientific Laboratory Computing in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Business Solutions Expert working in the Scientific Laboratory Computing team, a typical day will include:
This role oversees scientific lab computing services for Takeda sites in the United States in support of research, pharmaceutical sciences and vaccines areas scientific labs. The primary site is Takeda s instrument-rich location in Cambridge, MA, where cutting-edge research is performed.
Reports to Global Head of Scientific Lab Computing Services in Cambridge, MA.
Partners with IT groups and ensures the lab computing needs of the scientific business functions are met. Leads the analysis of complex business problems and manages performance of Managed Service Partner in delivering Level 2 support to laboratory researchers. Drives lab operating model efficiencies, standards, and innovative methods. Works with IT functional service teams (e.g., Research, Pharm Sciences) to ensure collaboration on application changes and new systems deployment happening outside the lab. Partners with infrastructure services to ensure holistic support of the lab computing environment.
- Manages, maintains and influences the global Lab Computing Services organization for Research, Pharmaceutical Sciences, and Vaccines SBU. Influences and implements elements of strategic direction and vision, long-term planning, objective setting, and service execution for the organization.
- Manages requirements gathering, prioritization and negotiation with business stakeholders in order to ensure the total solution delivered meets or exceeds expectations and supported technologies.
- Works closely with the Global Head of Scientific Lab computing, manages implementation of major upgrades across R&D and vaccines functions; develops and maintains good practices and methodology for the lab and measures performance; ensures backup/recovery, security, configuration management, and apt help desk support. Works closely with business and IT Quality functions to maintain health-agency compliance and perform system validations.
- Effectively balances the unique needs of lab functions in general, and specific local needs of various scientific business areas and therapeutic focus with the corporate objective to globalize and standardize technologies and processes.
- Identifies, influences and solves unique and complex problems with a broad impact for continuous improvement in services within scope of responsibility, including new approaches and processes that would contribute both to improvements within department and to business growth/efficiency in the wider organization.
- Manages and develops teams within area of responsibility. Accountable for the integrity of key human resource processes including career development, sourcing approach and performance management.
- Manages the annual budget for the work area. Accountable for performance against financial parameters and monitoring and reporting on budgetary aspects within own area to assure alignment with business objectives.
- Maintains and influences key relationships across a broad sphere of influence in a matrix organization. Manages the overall relationship between IT business partners, scientific business areas and IT Business Solution Services that support the functional business areas. Interacts with managers in these areas on a regular basis to understand high-level requirements, address issues, manage expectations and review status.
- Collaborates with global IS/IT infrastructure and security organizations.
- Maintains relationships with vendors and Procurement to ensure purchases/upgrades are executed to support optimal standardization and life cycle management.
- Ensures documentation according to Takeda Quality Management System (QMS), Software Development Life Cycle and Project Life Cycle standards.
- Ensures delivered solutions are compliant with associated federal regulations (SOX, OFCCP, labor laws, GMP, GxP, GCP, etc.).
- Builds in-depth working knowledge of scientific business functions and technology and remains current with emerging industry trends through active monitoring of the market and networking with industry peers.
- Monitors the technology requirements of new lab builds, lab moves and site consolidations.
- Interprets and communicates strategic communications around lab computing services, processes, technology and performance.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Minimum 2 years of people management/project lead experience
- Experience in Lab Computing services in a large medical institution, a University, a R&D- or vaccine-environment within a specific scientific business area or therapeutic focus.
- In depth knowledge about good and best practices aligned with computing services and able to transfer this to aligned situations.
- Able to measure, adjust and implement different methodologies for labs and measure performance.
- Experience managing and supporting validated systems in GxP environments.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, business acumen with problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience in Business Analysis and Project Management.
- Experience in Stakeholder relationship management.
- Experience in communicating complex information in a clear and engaging manner, adjust form and meetings to this and builds collaborative network of relationships in the business area and outside.
- Experience in presenting on conferences and business meetings.
- Ability to drive continuous improvement within teams and projects.
- Master Degree in Life Sciences.
- Experience in managing people.
- Experience with regulated systems good level of understanding of system validation.
- Experience with Scientific Data Management Systems; Laboratory Instrumentation-linked software, computers and hardware, experience with Chromatography Data Systems a plus
- Familiarity with Pharma IT business processes (esp., Research, Pre-clinical, Pharmaceutical Sciences)
- Experience in both large and small-molecule environments
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent
- Business Process Management
- ITIL Intermediate Level certification
- Agile (Scrum) certification
- 10-20% primarily to other Takeda sites