Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Associate Director, Publications in our Deerfield, IL office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Associate Director, Publications working on the US Publication Team, you will be empowered and a typical day will include:
The Publication Manager will work with the Associate Director, Publications and other members of US Publication Team in support of a regionally integrated strategic and tactical publication plan(s) for assigned compounds.. Publication activities include supporting the scientific data disclosures of assigned compounds for external audiences, supporting the Associate Director and others in executing on publication strategies and plans, managing and directing external partners/vendors (as appropriate), and working with the program management office to ensure successful publication program operations and budgeting. At times, the Manager may be asked to provide support for other US publication activities. This role will interact with key internal stakeholders, which may include US Medical Affairs functional partners such as the Medical/Scientific Directors, HEOR, Medical Communications, and Program Management Office; and Global functional groups such as Publications, Regulatory, Statistics, and Legal. This role will provide support to Associate Director, Publications and others in liaising with internal and external key external stakeholders such as opinion leaders, investigators, authors, partners, and affiliates on publication activities related to assigned compounds/programs. The manager will be responsible for oversight of documents and/or business systems utilized for scientific publications.
- Supports, manages, and implements the delivery of US publication strategies and tactical plans to support overall medical and business objectives.
- Supports the development of publication strategies, plan(s) and budget(s) for assigned product(s). Tracks execution of plans and budgets informing key stakeholders of issues and opportunities (in conjunction with Associate Director, Publications and/or other designates and collaboration with Program Management Office).
- Evaluates appropriate resource level for assigned publication programs with the external vendor model and assesses performance against US Publication and medical strategies. Manages assigned vendor(s) and ensures good publication practices are followed and implemented.
- Follows processes for development of Takeda-sponsored publications that ensure compliance, good publication practices, enhance functional productivity and establish business relationships to increase the value of the department work product while keeping Publication Leadership Team informed about the business.
- Participates/contributes to Publication team meetings, Medical Communication team meetings, and/other related meetings (ie, Medical Business Review, Regional Medical Strategy, etc); and has a good understanding of the therapeutic areas and compounds under his/her responsibility
- Reviews manuscripts, abstracts, and poster/slide content for accuracy and scientific rigor as requested and/or identified; and provide oversight/management for writing projects ensuring adherence to timelines
- Interacts directly with internal stakeholders, including Medical Affairs, HEOR, and others as appropriate to fully understand development programs, regulatory and medical strategies, and key scientific and communication objectives for the therapeutic area and develop appropriate scientific publications.
- Attends conferences, symposia or other meetings as necessary or as assigned and act as liaison between Medical Communications, US and Global Medical Affairs, Global Publications, and external content contributors
- Ensures publication planning/workflow tools and systems are maintained and accurate
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree, preferably in a scientific discipline
- At least 3 years of experience post graduation/training
- At least 1 years of publication planning experience within the pharmaceutical industry including submission processes for publications, or directly transferable skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of pertinent external guidelines related to industry publications, and current standards of good publication practice
- Ability to work across diverse therapeutic areas
- Effectively work with and lead cross-functional teams
- Experience with resource allocation and vendor management
- Project management skills
- Experience with managing budgets
- Experience with peer-reviewed scientific publications
- Pharmaceutical, biomedical, or scientific writing experience
- Advanced degree, preferably in a scientific discipline, or sufficient applicable experience
- Experience with publication planning/workflow tools
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical clinical development and product life-cycle management
- Ability to understand and interpret medical/scientific data and develop strategic messaging
- Some experience and knowledge of clinical trial reports, data presentation, and interpretation
- Some experience in Medical Affairs/R&D functions
Ability to travel to various professional meetings, conferences and client sites limited overnight. Some international travel may be required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.