Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Production Planning Lead in our Brooklyn Park, Minnesota office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Production Planning Lead working on the Supply Chain team, you will be empowered to lead production planning for drug substance products and manage the integrated master production plan, and a typical day will include:
- This position is responsible to lead the production planning for the production of drug substance products and in house produced semi finished goods while balancing plant efficiency, distribution, and inventory requirements.
- Establish and manage the integrated master production plan to achieve site production objectives.
- Establish and Lead the Site S&OP process
- The Production Planning Lead is an upper level technical position in the Supply Chain function.
- Generate, maintain and facilitate integrated production plan and detailed schedule.
- Implement and Lead the Site Sales and Operations Planning Process and Represent site in Global S&OP.
- Lead the daily and weekly production scheduling meetings and attend other associated meetings as required.
- Primary liaison between Supply Chain, Quality, Warehouse, and Manufacturing personnel to ensure schedule optimization and sales order on time delivery.
- Working with Production and Maintenance to support planning for preventative maintenance program to ensure that the manufacturing plan isn t interrupted
- Analyze and implement potential opportunities to improve processes and operating efficiencies within the Supply Chain team.
- Represent Supply Chain for plant-wide strategic programs and activities including new product introductions.
- Clearly communicate complex data and Supply Chain analytics to Site Management and to drive business decisions.
- Identify opportunities for refinement of scheduling strategies and process improvement.
- Own long and short-term production capacity models to identify potential operational constraints.
- Establishing metrics, reports and dashboards to track performance against improvement targets
- Setting up and maintaining material safety stock, safety lead time, etc. Setting up/maintaining item master audit processes (lead times, BOM accuracy, etc.) and using results to drive improvement.
- Documenting Planning processes and procedures in flowcharts, training presentations and/or department work instructions.
- Hiring, developing and managing team members. Supporting and promoting team members to maximize their individual impact
- Other activities as may be assigned.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree in Supply Chain or related field in addition to minimum 10 years experience in planning/supply chain management or scheduling functions using MRP and/or an ERP system.
- SAP APO PPDS knowledge in a GMP manufacturing facility strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Documented leadership ability in process improvement techniques to reduce costs, improve service levels and manage capacity.
- Strong analytical abilities with problem solving techniques, unconditional commitment to teamwork and communication.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around the facility.
- May occasionally work in a clean room environment and wear special garments and personal protective equipment (e.g. hard hats, safety shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs) due to safety requirements in specific areas.
- Some travel may be required; less than 20%
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.