Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Manager / Manager, TA R&D Finance in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Manager / Manager working on the R&D Finance team, you will be empowered to align with key stakeholders across Takeda's Global R&D Business Unit and play a leadership role in deicison-making in assigned therapeutic areas, and a typical day will include:
This position is primarily responsible for managing all levels of financial support for global development projects in their assigned therapeutic area.Position will be an active member of GPTs (Global Product Team) and relevant budget work groups, and will guide recommendations by delivering strategic and financial assessments of projects under review.Co-leads the development and management of overall R&D budget for assigned projects within a global matrix team.This position will further provide significant support to the TAU Finance Lead and the CMSO Consolidation Finance team through the creation of the project spend estimates and monitoring of monthly actual spend vs. budget.Provides financial support for financial aspects of Alliance Management as needed for their assigned therapeutic areas. On ad-hoc basis, this position will collaborate with other business functions in companywide initiatives to drive broader business decision making.
General Planning, Analysis and Reporting
- Provide strategic input and management of assigned projects in Therapeutic Area to ensure appropriate oversight throughout the year and communicate critical issues to Finance TA Lead, TAU, CMSO, and others as required.
- Manage monthly close and TAU consolidation, and provide input into monthly financial analysis of budget to actual variances and trend reports including relevant comments to management.
- Lead the financial planning process for assigned GPTs to develop the annual Plan (Plan, Update, and LBE) that will be approved by the Parent company, TPC.
- Responsible for oversight of actual results and forecasts accuracy for assigned projects.
- Ensure proper compliance with accrual methodology, budgeting/reporting processes, tools and policies/procedures standards within R&D Finance.
- Provide financial oversight for internal/external audits for TAU and CMSO
- Manage change to ensure financial controls are in-place and monthly clinical study accruals are supported
- Drive the development of forecast systems changes to meet continuous business needs
General Business & Investment Analysis
- Responsible for management and creation of library of financial/quantitative tools to enable financially-based decision support.
- Development of business cases supporting investment proposals. Analyses may include items such as:
- General business proposals
- Integration efforts into clinical and budget systems
- Responsible for development and review of investment analysis for development pipeline stage-ups and financial input into PRC presentations.
- Responsible for development and review of Global financial support for assigned Alliances. Includes analysis of a compound s financial costing assumptions across functions and regions.
Support Development Budget Aligned to Global Project Teams
- Responsible for budgeting/planning and resource allocation for GPTs for assigned therapeutic area.
- Collaborate with GPL, GPM, Commercial and other team members to oversee financial alignment of strategy, execution and project risks
- Provide regular monitoring of program assumptions, study budget issues, risks and remediation measures
- Ensure project plans are aligned between various financial and other systems
- Guide the discussion of the GPT s to fully inform the financial assessment of projects under consideration and to structure GPT decisions in the appropriate financial frameworks.
- Development of project alternative scenarios based upon varying model inputs to capture the range of project outcomes for risk assessment, maximize ROI and drive value creation.
- Lead communication of assigned GPT development cost budget information within R&D Finance, and other Takeda departments.
- Develop and maintain general therapeutic expertise for assigned therapeutic area.
- Proactively exchange project information with site and functional Finance teams to ensure a global and unified approach to project budgeting across assigned GPTs.
Other General Management
- Serve as a change agent and tactfully present unpopular ideas and messages when necessary.
- Develop, continue to assess and improve financial planning/reporting processes and tools.
- Define and anticipate problems/opportunities and proposes solutions/plans of action along with relevant information to key decision makers for assigned therapeutic areas.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor s degree in Finance or Accounting, including well-rounded coursework in other disciplines.
- Minimum 7 years of overall business experience, with a minimum of 5 years in financial planning and analysis roles.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated business impact in previous leadership roles.
- Strong computer software skills (Cognos, TM1, SAP, Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Education and Experience - Desired
- MBA or MS in Finance or Accounting.
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical or healthcare setting.
- Strategic vision ability to recognize, forecast and communicate events, which may impact the business.
- Leadership ability to guide a team in day-to-day and long-term related activities.
- Communication ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written, in a persuasive, organized and appropriate manner, including running meetings and preparing presentations for customer groups. Ability to communicate effectively with Senior Management. Ability to push back in a respectful manner and to present unpopular ideas and messages when necessary.
- Analytical ability to determine methods and types of analyses to be performed to address a business question. Ability to interpret and question data inputs to financial models and support alternative recommendations as necessary.
- Management ability to set priorities for a team and meet specific deadlines in a changing environment. Ability to be flexible, accommodating, and deal with change effectively.
- Customer Service Orientation ability to gain trust of executives and contribute to their success from information gained through networking and an understanding of business.
- Teamwork ability to foster good working relationships among team members, and work effectively in and contribute to a team environment.
- Entrepreneurial ability and desire to take ownership of activities and projects, desire to shape the organization, consistent out of the box thinking.
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS:
- Valid passport
- Valid driver s license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/client sites. Some international travel may be required.
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Carrying, handling, and reaching for objects.
- Assume 10% travel, primarily domestic and/or international.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.