Sr. Manager Legal Operations
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Sr Manager, Legal Operations in our Cambridge office. Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Sr Manager, Legal Operations working in the Legal group, you will be empowered to develop and implement strategic operational management capabilities for the Legal Department, working closely with US-based Legal department leadership, as well as partnering with global legal leaders on global operational initiatives.
- Develops and manages the Legal Department technology strategy
- Acts as a global project lead and/or liaison for the Legal Department for all Global Legal Operations matters, as well as local and global corporate support functions (IT, Finance, Facilities, and Human Resources)
- Assess and develop resources and tools for appropriate matter management
- Develops and manages the Legal Department records and file management processes and procedures
- Develops and manages performance metrics, which may include client satisfaction surveys, staffing and spending benchmarking, etc.
- Develops and manages department meetings and events, teambuilding strategies and other activities within the Legal Department
- Develops a thorough understanding of and familiarity with the company s business, its people, products, markets, facilities, customers and competitors.
- Establishes a rapport and a positive working relationship with internal and external contacts to facilitate meeting company objectives and completing projects in a timely manner.
- Plans and leads Legal Department finance and budget processes, including coordination of annual plan and monthly accrual processes with Practice Group Leaders, General Counsel, and local and global finance departments, vendor management, e-billing strategy, and analysis and recommendations for cost-saving measures.
- Planning and implementation of strategic outside counsel cost containment initiatives and support active law firm management
- Along with Global Procurement, develops and manages legal service procurement strategy and processes, including coordinating with global procurement on process requirements, establishing rate cards, leading RFPs for appropriate matters, vendor management, and communication
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Minimum 7 years experience of experience in legal operations, other operational management experience, including financial analysis, information technology or other comparable position.
- Proven results associated with project and change management efforts at the program and project level.
- Strong financial planning and budgetary analysis skills
- Strong analytical skills, ability to gather, analyze, extract, summarize and communicate useful data.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in complex and emerging business and project areas, leveraging interpersonal skills and technical skills to optimize results.
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and manage major projects to successful completion.
- Ability to work independently.
- Bachelor's degree required; information technology, finance or business degree preferred
- Knowledge and experience with process improvement skills, such as Six Sigma, Process/Program Management, and/or related certifications highly preferred.
- Understanding of legal department operating environments, and applicable policies and procedures.
- Experience working in a global environment
- Experience managing, leading, and/or coaching employees.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required. Requires approximately 5%-15% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com