Senior Meeting Planner
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Meeting Planner in our Deerfield, IL office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As Senior Meeting Planner working on the Corporate Services team, you will be empowered and a typical day will include:
The purpose of this position is to be responsible for all aspects of the meeting planning relationship required by the business partner at Takeda and its affiliates including the program management, planning, budget, third party relationships, meeting execution and program close-out tasks. This position may act as the full-service planner or use third parties to meet the business needs.
- Define and clarify meetings and convention related needs of business partners and work with them to meet their meeting expectations.
- Manage complex meetings or convention requirements including but not limited to; invitations, registration, air and ground travel, food and beverage requirements, audio visual, site inspections and selection, reconciliation, program evaluations and follow-up.
- Develop and manage detailed program budgets, control documents and tracking information for every program. Complete all required documents and follow corporate and departmental policies and procedures to ensure compliance and continuity of all programs.
- Work with management and business partners to develop and manage meeting strategy, goals and outcomes the meet company, business partner and departmental goals.
- Build, maintain and manage partnering relationships with internal business partners such as Finance/Purchasing, Security, Travel, Facilities as well as external vendors, industry partners, and colleagues to provide a team approach to the successful planning and implementation of all programs.
- Provide management oversight and direction for onsite and offsite vendors who provide support for meeting planning; manage and coordinate on site meetings in a global environment of cultural diversity, varying currencies, fluctuating political climates, language barriers and time zone differences.
- Provide/ensure high quality, effective onsite support of programs that meet the needs of the business.
- Help control risks associated with attrition and cancellation by supplying report updates as needed and by monitoring hotel status reports and closely reviewing contract terms and conditions.
- Work closely with Takeda Compliance to follow regulations for interaction and transparency reporting for HCPs.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor degree and 5 years of meeting planning experience, or 9 years of meeting planning experience in a corporate, consulting or service provider environment industry
- Pharmaceutical meeting planning experience preferred
- International meeting planning experience preferred
- Multi-lingual preferred
- HMCC (Healthcare Meeting Compliance Certificate) preferred
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.)
- Carrying, handling and lifting objects for meeting materials
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time while traveling and while onsite
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. International travel may be required. Ability to work flexible hours including some evenings, weekends as well as standard business hours.
- Requires approximately 40-50 % travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.