Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Associate Director, R&D Quality Services & Improvement in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Associate Director working on the R&D Quality Services & Improvement team, you will be empowered to manage key projects to enhance R&D Quality Services, and a typical day will include:
- Manages various change/transformation and continuous improvement initiatives, including Operational Excellence. Supports implementation of strategy and innovative approaches to change and improve the business.
- Partners R&D Quality Leadership, Finance and Global Quality for budget and resource management.
- Responsible for supporting the development and ensuring execution of executive strategic plans, projects and commitments which drive top and bottom line growth. Develops and executes analytical and tactical strategies to ensure that projects and milestones are completed in a timely manner. Provide direction and solve problems for the R&D Quality organization to ensure alignment and overall direction.
- Develop, lead and monitor Operational Excellence team for R&D to champion continuous improvement and to transform the business as aligned with Global Quality.
- Monitor progress toward R&D KPIs, and develop R&D Quality top line KPI reports to Global Quality and R&D Leadership Teams. Intervene as necessary to ensure that R&D Quality is on track to meet or exceed its performance targets. Proved complex analysis and insight in evaluating overall R&D Quality performance over time and for future planning.
- Support the administration of the R&D level Quality Council.
- Partner with Global Quality and R&D Finance teams to oversee R&D Quality budget and resourcing.
- Collaborate with R&D Quality Leadership Team and business partners on talent management processes. Engage in projects to ensure people development and strategy across the network.
- Serve as a strategic thought partner to the Head of Quality Services and Improvement with regard to complex problems, current and future initiatives, strategies, innovative approaches and deployment of Operational Excellence within R&D.
- Support establishment and use of communication strategy and platform for all R&D Quality staff across the organization. Participate in Global Quality communications network.
- Ensure strong alignment in the Global Quality Services and Improvement organization. Participate in the QSI network.
Education, Behavioral Competencies and Skills
- Minimum BS/BA degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 8 years industry experience in Quality Assurance with majority in drug development, biotechnology, device or related areas. Project management experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of global drug development.
- Experience in operating in a multi-disciplinary drug development environment, including working within and managing across an international exposure.
- Experience working within complex organizations, working closely with senior staff and executives level colleagues. The ideal candidate will have the acumen to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously mixing long term projects with the urgency of immediate demands on the operations. Must also have the demonstrated ability to deal with highly confidential information and act as a liaison between the Head of Quality Services and Improvement and other senior leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with and achieve results through others, the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships and the capability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Energetic, smart and hands-on self starter with a desire to learn new things quickly. Proven ability to refine and improve the organization s capabilities. Demonstrated track record to effectively handle key organizational matters. Must be able to exhibit diplomacy with all constituents and represent the changing face of the organization both internally and externally. Demonstrated track record to proactively identify, assess, and analyze scenarios that may affect operations, and a proven history of taking an institutional perspective.
- Demonstrated ability to succinctly translate and effectively communicate the potential impact of significant and complex issues. Proven ability to proactively identify and lead the development and re-engineering of key processes and systems in support of the business mission.
- Proven record of innovation and independent problem-solving skills, combined with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and collaboratively, strong leadership and organizational skills, and ability to drive multiple projects to successful, timely completion in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills with a style which encourages open expression of ideas, and a full discussion of differing points of view. Sound judgment and independent initiative.
- Ability to use appropriate judgement in maintaining confidentiality of information. Must possess excellent presentation and communication skills, both oral and written. Strong professional writing skills a must.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task, prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage critical issues in a dynamic environment. Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and manage a large volume of details while maintaining a big-picture perspective.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to effectively present information to management, internal groups, external stakeholders and customers.
- Lean Six-Sigma certification strongly preferred
- Approximately 20-25% domestic and international travel
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.