Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Manager, Global Planning in our Boston, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Manager, Global Planning working on the Supply Operations team, you will be empowered and a typical day will include:
- The Manager, Global Planning oversees global external and internal production planning for one or more of the Takeda Oncology and Biologics products or product components, including: drug substance, drug product and/or finished goods.
- The Manager, Global Planning will coordinate with Commercial Supply Operations counterparts, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Regulatory Affairs, and Technical Operations to manage the planning, production scheduling, and inventory management of the Takeda Oncology and Biologics products.
- The Manager, Global Planning provides leadership and strategic guidance to the master inventory plan throughout the lifecycle management of one or more of the oncology therapies, specialty biologics, and other key therapeutics distributed globally.
- The Manager, Global Planning may be designated as a GMS Master Planner responsible for aggregating global supply and demand.
- Day to day management of routine or strategic production planning for key oncology and biologics products or product components, including inventory management, negotiation of production schedules with internal/external customers and CMOs.
- Responsible for batch processing transactions in SAP/APO (e.g. batch creation, purchase order generation) and support of Demand Manager responsibilities (e.g. goods issue/receipt, invoicing)
- May lead a core (supply planning) team comprised of QA, QC, Regulatory Affairs, Technical Operations, Logistics, Finance and Supply Operations Business Systems personnel to effectively manage CMO production scheduling, execution and releases.
- Directs movement of inventory to support drug product or finished goods production.
- Partners with appropriate CMC team members to manage supply compliance in markets with divergent dossiers, including the support for pre-registration sample requirements and supply planning assessments for applicable change controls.
- Manages the Sales & Operations Planning Process with internal and external customers.
- Manages dynamic statistical modeling for forecasting verification and long-term planning.
- May handle production planning for early access/named patient programs and post-marketing clinical demand.
- Individual contributor or supervisory role. May supervise one or more Global Planner.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- The candidate should preferably have a BS in business administration, supply chain, or chemistry, biology and 7+ yrs of experience working in operations, supply chain, or other commercial pharmaceutical discipline.
- The candidate should have a good working knowledge of manufacturing operations, biologics drug substance manufacturing, drug product manufacturing (oral solid dose and parenterals,) pharmaceutical packaging, CMC regulations, cGMP, and sterility assurance techniques.
- The candidate should have moderate to advanced experience with SAP/ERP and be an expert in Excel.
- The candidate should have demonstrated written and oral communication skills and ability to work in a cross functional team environment.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. International travel will be required.
- Position requires up to 15% domestic and international travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.