Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Manager of Content Strategy Corporate Communications in our Deerfield, Illinois office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Manager of Content Strategy working on the Corporate Communications team, you will be empowered to support and assist in the development and management of content across all internal and external corporate communications channels for the U.S. business unit.
As the Content Manager you will be directly responsible for collaborating with other communications team members to execute work across various work-streams. Based on project and business needs, you will work on the entire life cycle of an assignment, from planning through content creation and distribution to target audiences. You ll leverage your knowledge of multiple stakeholders to create messages appropriate for all groups.
This individual will also serve as a strategic communications advisor for sales leadership, understanding the voice of leadership to integrate and provide insight into broader corporate initiatives to inform their communications.
- Collaborates with communication team members to develop messages that resonate with multiple stakeholder groups
- Actively contributes to editorial planning, suggesting content ideas and appropriate project timelines
- Identifies the proper channels to reach target audiences
Coordination and Message Consistency
- Proactively seeks guidance from communication stakeholder specialists to determine potential consequences of messaging strategies
- Coordinates with Corporate Communication team members to ensure consistent message timing
- Partners with Chief of Staff to work across the team to ensure consistency across messaging and channels
Stakeholder Understanding and Engagement
- Draws on stakeholder understanding to advise communications partners on optimal message content and timing for different stakeholder segments
- Builds relationships with corporate communications team members to achieve a greater understanding of different business functions and goals
- Assists head of Business Unit Communications in coordinating and developing strategy and tactics for sales leadership.
- Works on special projects under the guidance of Chief of Staff, including Corporate Communication enterprise-wide milestones, and help to drive team operational efficiencies.
- Partners with Chief of Staff to provide enterprise view of organization and ensure that communications plans are reflective of that
- Meets with Corporate Communications team members to conduct after-action project reviews
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor s Degree; Majors in Journalism, Communications or public policy/public affairs preferred
- 5 years of communications experience in a corporate or agency environment
- Demonstration of strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of and experience with developing effective and engaging content for multiple communication channels ranging from intranet, Internet, internal/external social/collaboration tools, video, email newsletters and live meetings
Knowledge and Skills:
- Takeda Operations understands Takeda s operating structure and methods including a thorough knowledge of the foreign-owned parent company
- Project Management - understands unique issues and risks associated with managing projects within a mid-size organization and able to manage multiple projects at once
- Communication ability to lead message creation, communicate ideas, concepts, and issues both verbally and in various written media (e-mail, PowerPoint, formal documentation methodology) in a persuasive and appropriate manner. Outcome focused and has deep audience understanding.
- Interpersonal Influence- able to lead and influence relationships at all levels of the company to drive initiatives forward
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine