Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Sr Mananger R&D PMO in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Sr Mgrworking on the R&D PMO team, you will be empowered to shape the contribution to Takeda's R&D priorities, and a typical day will include:
- Leads multiple, complex initiatives and workstreams in alignment with the PMO/R&D strategy and roadmap
- Leads Change, acting as change agent use skills and expertise to inspire a shared purpose of intent, drive project awareness, communications, and training, while ensuring effective acceptance of operational improvements across R&D
- Partners with internal customers (i.e. Leadership, Global project managers, functional project managers, stakeholders etc) to strengthen and support strategic portfolio and operational project management practices
- Ensures portfolio level project management effectiveness through institution of: common process, effective system utilization, accurate data aggregation, and valuable reporting and dashboards
- Utilizes sound project management and data/system expertise to support departmental and broader Takeda process improvement goals, with a focus on Single Source of Truth and operational effectiveness.
- Supports and strengthens PM Community of Practice and PM Best Practices
- Key contributor of project management discipline to guide, govern, plan and execute for project success
- May oversee the activities of Project Specialist(s)
- Leads and contributes to projects, workstreams and initiatives
- Independently resolves complex issues and competing priorities and creates mitigation plan in order to drive to resolution.
- Challenges team to consider alternative perspectives to ensure robust strategy
- Understands strategic focus and sets/resets priorities for team e.g. Single Source of Truth
- Serves as customer interface at portfolio level driving accuracy and consistency to data
- Active leader and contributor of workstreams to define standards, processes, and toolsets that broaden and mature the project management discipline across R&D
- Innovates, identifies opportunities and leads continuous improvement efforts for systems and processes
- Develops and leads training sessions on specific PM topics related to tools, systems and process
- Interfaces and develops trusted partnerships with global project managers and members of the portfolio group
- Trains and supports the complex project timelines and other project level information updates in coordination with Project Manager and project team members
- Proactively updates information for key project activities, goals and strategy on the team website
- Partners with members of the portfolio group and other functions to provide system generated data for aggregation into reports and in support of annual goal setting process
- Manage resources, scope, prioritization, work-plans and the investigation of future improvements
- Facilitate and drive work sessions; leveraging flexible toolkit of techniques, with the ability to adapt approach to the needs of the project/audience
- Collaborates with other members of the PMO/CoOP to implement new processes to better support project teams and the broader organization.
- Provides technical mentorship and guidance to junior members. In some cases, may provide oversight or formal supervision of Project Specialists and Project Managers.
- Supports the design and implementation of new systems and processes
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors degree required, Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 6 yrs industry experience with minium 3 yrs in a drug development PM role
- Minimum 4 years people management experience and/or proven leadership experience in managing a matrix team.
- Advanced PM skills and understanding of drug development
- PMP Certificaton Preferred
- Business acumen and ability to interact effectively with all levels organizationally.
- Demonstrated ability to drive process improvement initiatives and coordinate resources.
- Excellent time management, organization, and planning skills
- Strong business analysis skills, proven meeting facilitation and documentation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to share information effectively
- Builds strong productive relationships with key partners
- Advanced expertise with project management related software and tools (i.e. MS Project, Sharepoint etc)
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more attakedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.