Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Lead Market and Customer Insights Manager in our Deerfield, IL office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Lead Market and Customer Insights Manager working on the Business Insights and Strategy team, you will be empowered and a typical day will include:
The Lead of Market and Customer Insights manages a staff responsible for executing qualitative and quantitative market research to derive insights to drive, challenge and / or validate strategic business and / or tactical marketing decisions. This can include the identification of optimal pre-and post launch brand strategies and marketing tactics such as brand positioning, messaging and sales aids. The team also analyzes primary and secondary data sources to derive insights for stekholders in the BU such as reimbursement specialists, sales and account management. The Lead will identify opportunities for cross-brand or portfolio research initiatives and coordinates across Market Research and Decision Science staff as appropriate. The Lead is also responsible for establishing and oversight of the Business Development and the Competitive Intelligence function for the BU. The Lead is responsible for hiring, training, coaching and evaluating research project staff who design and implement research studies for in-market products and new compounds identified either via internal pipeline and / or external business development opportunities.In addition, the Lead oversees departmental processes to ensure compliance with legal, finance, privacy, and pharmacovilance and manages overall department processes for vendor identification, selection of innovative new methodologies / vendors, agency on-boarding and identification and resolution of outsourcing service issues. This role is considered a subject matter expert in current therapeutic areas. And ensures efficient operating procedures and best practices to upgrade staff skills. This position works closely with members of marketing, sales, finance, and legal, as well as external agencies and alliance partners. Projects can vary widely depending on business issue the research is designed to address.
- Leads others in the performance of market research including study design, vendor selection, fieldwork logistics planning and management, analysis of findings, creation and presentation of final reports.
- Determines the best research methodology based on the objectives of the studies. Prioritizes the work of the direct reports to ensure that all required work is completed in a timely manner to support the portfolio of brands.
- Develops, executes and implements research processes across multiple therapeutic areas to ensure a logically consistent analysis and interpretation of market research results that facilitate insights into commercial strategy and decision making.
- Establishes and manages annual market research budget .
- Manages and imparts operational excellence in project management and qualitative and quantitative techniques and new market research approaches to answer business objectives.
- Establish and maintains departmental policies and procedures by working with representatives from other departments (i.e. legal, finance, pharmacovigilance, etc). Oversees market research regulatory and compliance guidelines and responsible for the development of processes to achieve greater efficiencies.
- Develops, standardizes and implements best practices and innovations to improve research processes and vendor management.
- Manages oursourcing initiatives to ensure highest quality of searvice and identifies opportunities to enhance vendor deliverables. Facilitates resolution of vendor issue across portfolio.
- Functions as a business partner to the marketing and business development teams as well as various commercial analytics functional areas to address key business issues. Create strategic partnership with internal customers and extended team members. Responsible for ensuring the strategic application of all business insight functions to support commercialization of all products.
- Proactively identify opportunities & threats. Assists in the development of brand strategies and tactics
- Provide regular updates on marketplace performance and evolving trends affecting market potential
- Develops and maintains deep expertise in past, current and anticipated therapeutic area issues, industry trends, competitor products, and future pipeline products. Able to use market knowledge to support brand team strategy.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:Education and Experience:Required:
- BA or BS in business, marketing, and social sciences.
- 4+ years primary market research related experience.
- 2+ years pharmaceutical industry research experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience leading teams.
- Advanced degree in business, marketing, and social sciences.
- Experience in on client or supplier side of industry
- Experience in consulting in pharmaceutical or health care industry
Knowledge and Skills:
- Complete understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, application and working knowledge of marketing analytics, sales analytics, decision science and quantitative market research.
- Ability to thrive under tight deadline and work confidently amidst ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading and influencing cross-functional teams. Able to gain buy-in and promote shared ownership of projects.
- Must possess excellent analytic problem and proactive problem solving skills. Analyzes situations to think of new solutions and able to make recommendations.
- Excellent communication ideas including written and in-person presentation skills in a persuasive and appropriate manner. Ability to frequently communicate changes and intententions with high level of transparency to all stakeholders.
- Able to set priorities, develop and manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously.
- Extensive knowledge of market research industry principals and practices. Ability to draw insights from data and research findings.
- Ability to actively and objectively listen to clients to assure research design addresses business needs.
- Demonstrated project planning and project management skills.
- Ability to build strong positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Ability to manage vendor relationships and maintain an accurate budget for brands.
- Ability to manage internal and external resources (people, information, technologies, time, and capital); allocates resources appropriately, given organization, group and individual goals and objectives to align with business goals.
- Ablity to quickly learn about therapeutic area and products.
- Confidence to try new solutions and willingness to take calculated risks associated with innovation and change in research processes.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.