Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Associate Director, In Vivo and Translational IDB Pharmacology in our San Diego office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Associate Director, In Vivo and Translational IDB Pharmacology working on the GI Immunology team, you will be empowered to design and implement in vivo studies aimed at evaluating and differentiating assets from early discovery through to support of clinical stage assets.
- Establish and guide in vivo pharmacology within GI Immunology (GI-Immuno) to advance IBD programs while meeting high standards of operational and pharmaceutical excellence.
- Oversees the development and implementation of effective and efficient IBD-relevant in vivo screening paradigms for the evaluation of drug leads.
- Lead GI-Immuno in the implementation of relevant in vivo and ex vivo studies to reveal and refine target biology and drug MOA.
- Provides critical departmental oversight and direction for the use of in vivo studies to reveal potent small and large molecule drug candidates for treatment of IBD.
- Communicates and collaborates across groups to ensure effective and efficient prosecution of programs, while implementing and executing productive identification of lead molecules.
- Design and implements in vivo studies aimed at evaluating and differentiating assets from early discovery through to support of clinical stage assets.
- Plan, design, and coordinates internal and CRO-based studies.
- Responsibility for interactions and collaborations with key academic collaborators of IBD research.
- Collaborate with program leaders to ensure timely progress of drug discovery programs.
- Contribute to the generation of ideas/research strategies.
- Prepare Research Reports for IND/NDA submission.
- Assists in preparation of reports and other documents for submission to domestic and international regulatory such as the DEA.
- Plans, designs and initiates studies, and analyze data in preparation for final reports.
- Ensures compliance with good laboratory practices and other regulatory guidelines.
- Interfaces with internal research groups and clinical groups and assures laboratory productivity and technical research flexibility.
- Contributes to the authorship of scientific manuscripts, frequently as principal author.
- Influences the course of projects, scientific methods and/or company s technical direction.
- Designs complex experimental strategies to discover probable IBD drug targets or candidates that address project goals; by leading and providing technical advice to others within Takeda.
- Executes discovery process; helps determine research project deadlines within GI-Immuno.
- Identifies complex obstacles to progress; recommends and implements solutions using a diverse set of resources; solves problems in creative and effective ways.
- Directly manages scientists within GI-Immuno.
- Present data to senior leadership, scientific collaborators, and at relevant IBD conferences.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Ph.D. in Immunology or related field with thesis, publication(s) and minimum 8 years of relevant experience, OR
- MS/MA in life science with 10+ years of relevant experience and distinguished publication record, OR
- Expertise in IBD pathogenesis and mechanistic animal models of disease .
- Demonstrates fundamental understanding of physiology and drug discovery within gastrointestinal diseases.
- Demonstrates inter-disciplinary knowledge of drug discovery and is able to use this knowledge to influence project strategy.
- Fluent in best practices and applications for the development and use of animal disease models and ex vivo studies to understand target biology and identify molecular drug leads.
- Track record of leadership in drug discovery as reflected by advancement of drug targets to clinical candidates.
- High level of professional expertise in modern laboratory and analytical methods.
- Has demonstrated independent thought/creativity in science.
Demonstrates effective decision-making to guide and prioritize activities to support drug discovery programs.
- Ability to present work formally to Research Committee and at external conferences.
- Ability to convey ideas in an experimentally detailed yet scientifically concise manner.
- Excellent communication and multitasking skills and ability to work in a team setting.
- Expert knowledge of applicable lab equipment.
- Possesses high degree of scientific discretion/intuition.
Requires approximately 5% or more travel, potentially internationally.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.