Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Sr. Principal Safety Scientist in ourCambridgeoffice.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Principal Safety Scientist working on the Global Patient Safety Oncology team, you will be empowered to Innovate and Collaborate. A typical day will include:
- Technically fully competent to perform all usual Senior Pharmacovigilance Scientist workload, including case report QC, review, follow-up and reportability assessments and input into aggregate safety reports, with the flexibility of mindset this requires.
- The attainment of advanced compound expertise might, for exceptional individuals, allow for Global Safety Lead (GSL) responsibilities where the individual has demonstrated both the requisite depth of knowledge and associated advanced communication skills.
- Liaise with other relevant functional areas both within and outside of global PV to best ensure the most efficient and timely attainment of compliant and patient focused safety data.
- Represent pharmacovigilance department in cross-functional teams or committees and external environments at a global and regional level as required, with the advanced communication skills this requires.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of designated products/studies. If the responsible GSL, will be seen as the company s lead responder and source of expertise for safety related issues for designated compound.
- Expect close interaction and involvement with senior PV physicians and the safety Therapeutic Area Lead (TAL), particularly when the responsible GSL.
- Provide support and oversight of pharmacovigilance operational activities for designated compounds, with lead responsibilities when acting as the GSL
- Mentorship and guidance for less experienced colleagues within the department.
- Conduct project activities for designated developmental products:
- Lead set up of safety procedures for complex developmental programs
- Contribute to development of safety exchange agreements for co-development projects
- Review and provide functional area expertise for development of protocols, IBs, SAPs, CSRs and other relevant project/study documents
- Close knowledge of protocols to effectively respond to safety issues.
- Providing investigator and monitor training on safety procedures
- Participate in Global Safety Teams, coordinating all aspects of signal detection/safety review activities.
- Draft responses to regulatory/ethics safety questions
- Assist with writing and maintenance of the Safety Monitoring Plan
- Assist with set-up and running of DSMBs
- Close working relationship with physicians, both technically and managerially
- Perform ad hoc analyses e.g. in response to regulatory queries
- Integral to Global Safety Teams and associated support
- Other functions as directed by departmental and business needs
- Proficient in all communication skills, with the agility to respond to different audiences in a clear and concise manner. Where acting as the GSL can expect to lead presentations to Safety Board, with the detailed preparatory work this implies and, where ad hoc issues arise, the short timelines that can ensue.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree required. Advanced degree or specific pharmacovigilance qualification preferred (MD, PhD, and PharmD).
- Excellent databases and coding skills including ability to perform advanced searches
- In depth knowledge of clinical trial methodology, pharmacovigilance regulations, safety profile and risk/benefit analysis.
- Critical thinking and decision making skills
- Ability to review, analyze, interpret and present complex data to a high standard
- Global player in a global PV organization
- Excellent communication and presentational skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Good level of computer literacy
- Estimated 5-10 times per year including possible international travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.