Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Research Associate in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a member of analytical development team, you will have the opportunity to contribute in multiple development programs. As a Research Associate working on the Analytical Development team, you will be empowered to develop, validate and transfer analytical methods to rapidly advance Takeda s portfolio, a typical day will include:
Responsible for executing basic/routine experiments under supervision. This position also assists in the planning of basic experiments and experiments and performs specialized/complex experiments with assistance from supervisor as appropriate
- Perform testing of samples as per established test method as part of method validation/transfer
- Contributes to technical documents such as test methods, reports, protocols, and internal presentations
- Contributes as part of a small team of scientists towards the optimization, qualification and technical transfer of analytical methods in a compliance-based environment in a timely manner to meet program timelines
- Identifies and communicates routine technical problems within scope of responsibility
- Supports project team and local initiatives as appropriate
- Makes and understands basic experimental decisions within scope of responsibility.
- Assists with technical transfer of experimental data/procedures to vendors as appropriate
- Documents personal experimental results accurately and completely in laboratory notebook.
- Coordinates with departmental peers on project work as appropriate.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science and 2+ years relevant industry experience
- Bachelors degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; some relevant industry experience preferred
- Appropriate laboratory training
- Practical experience with typical analytical techniques (e.g HPLC, GC etc.)
- Knowledge and Skills:
- General familiarity with analytical theory and techniques. Able to work in a lab setting.
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills -Able to troubleshoot routine issues or problems using appropriate information
- Teamwork - Ability to work well within small group functional teams.
- Communication Skills -Ability to expresses one s self clearly and concisely within function; documents issues and/or concerns concisely; timely and effectively communicates issues to supervisor
- Organization Exercises good time management skills
- May require approximately 5% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.