Your Groundbreaking Journey
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For more than 90 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help and improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
To help meet the growing demand for our diabetes treatment, Novo Nordisk expects to double production of diabetes drugs over the next decade. Novo Nordisk is currently building a new diabetes API plant in Clayton, NC next to our existing facility that employs 800 people. The new plant will initially employ 700 employees to produce the active ingredients for a new diabetes oral treatment and a range of other diabetes drugs.
Novo Nordisk is currently seeking top talent for this green field project and eventual operations. This once in a life-time career opportunity is ideal for manufacturing professionals who not only understand the operational complexities of manufacturing but also have the desire and drive to help us design and build. Here you will work with the best manufacturing professionals in the industry, while learning and taking part in the plant design.
• Project Phase: Assist with all elements of developing a reliability-centered maintenance organization.
• Operations Phase: Reduce time required for technicians to perform maintenance work by anticipating, planning & coordinating maintenance jobs & projects.
Maintain SAP master data & maintenance plans for assigned processes.
Prepare PM work packages for maintenance technicians to include required documents, parts & specialized tools.
Process confirmation of PMs.
Work with logistics & operations to schedule planned maintenance activities.
Evaluate the effectiveness of preventive maintenance tasks & frequencies.
Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in maintenance tactics & strategies.
Review work orders to identify recurring failures.
Document review to include Non-Conformity (NC) support, Change Request (CR) support & SOP review.
Participation in plant Closedown Team planning & execution.
Follow all safety & environmental requirements in the performance of duties.
Other accountabilities, as assigned.
- AA/AS/AAS degree in related field, or equivalent industrial, military or vocational training.
- Minimum of 3+ years’ maintenance experience (pharmaceutical industry preferred).
- Knowledgeable in at least one of the following systems: compressed air, steam, chilled water, pharmaceutical utilities, fermentation, sterilization, water purification & packaging.
- Excellent maintenance craft skills.
- Knowledgeable in fundamentals of reliability excellence.
- Computer Literacy: Excellent computer skills to include: SAP & Microsoft applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word). MANDATORY
- Demonstrates a systematic approach to problem solving & troubleshooting. Supports & actively participates in event response activities for the process. Documents problems & works to bring them rapidly to solution.
- Attention to detail, ability to think critically & sequentially with proven time management skills.
- Demonstrable experience with the planning of maintenance activities.
- Excellent communication skills.
Physical & Other Requirements:
- Occasionally moves equipment and/or supplies weighing up to 33 pounds within the facility using various body positions.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment using hands.
- Able to work in an open office environment with the possibility of frequent distraction.
- Able to work the hours necessary to support a 24/7 continuous manufacturing operation.
At this time, Novo Nordisk is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future would require sponsorship for employment visa status.
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Requisition ID: 55477BR
Job Category: manufacturing