|Position Purpose: Responsible for Automation department divided into two tracks: system support & system management. Provides leadership & guidance to Automation staff. Responsible for Automation system support & system management overseeing subject matter experts within BMS, MS SQL, Oracle & Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) applications. Ensure processes, service level agreements are in place & people are trained sufficiently to meet the system uptime requirements. Responsible for developing strategic goals & objectives in alignment with all relevant Novo Nordisk business plans. Drive improvement projects & system upgrades.|
- Developing strategic direction for the company’s automation assets, monitor advancements in the industry & recommend & implement new technologies that help meet customer demands as well as production goals/agreements for the site.
- Collaborates with department leadership with oversight of training, development, coaching, performance management, recruitment & employee relations.
- Manage, lead & coach teams of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to ensure a high performing collaborative team environment. Provide continuous feedback, structure & accountability to improve team performance.
- Drive technical discussions & problem solving.
- Create, develop, define & implement dynamic Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for areas of responsibility.
- Actively involve & manage stakeholders at all levels across the organization, as well as in DK.
- Ensure automation systems & processes are available, capable & accessible to meet production & business requirements.
- Ensure department is operating in accordance with internal & external regulations & procedures.
- Follow all safety & environmental requirements in the performance of duties.
- Other accountabilities as assigned.
Required Education: BS/BA degree in directly related field.
Desired Education: MA/MS degree.
Required Experience: Minimum of 7 years IT or Automation experience in a GMP manufacturing environment.
Desired Experience: Minimum of 4 years of people leadership experience, including demonstrated ability to lead/direct other people leaders (supervisors), ability to build a collaborative high performing team environment in a technical context & ability to inspire & motivate employees through continuous feedback.
- Windows Operating Systems
- Relational databases (MS SQL, Oracle & Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES))
- Automated control systems, related & supporting infrastructure & protocols
- Manufacturing information systems
- Six Sigma methodologies
- Lean manufacturing techniques & methodologies
- Proven Process analysis
- System development life cycle
Organization/Planning: Project management & IT governance, including support & system management, business continuity & forecasting.
Physical & Other Requirements:
- Occasionally moves equipment and\\or supplies weighing up to 33 pounds within the facility using various body positions.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment using hands.
- Able to work in an open office environment with the possibility of frequent distraction.
- Able to work the hours necessary to support a 24/7 continuous manufacturing operation.
Requisition ID: 57006BR
Job Category: Information Technology