US-NC, Sr. Safety Professional Job 461399500A0-MZ
|Requisition ID 54609BR|
Title Sr. Safety Professional
Job Category Manufacturing
Job Description No relocation assistance will be provided for this position.
Provide leadership & support in attaining a safe working environment, provide direct support for finished or aseptic production, technical direction for Safety Professional(s), maintain & report safety data.
* Provide Technical Direction to Safety Professional.
* Follow all safety & environmental requirements in the performance of duties.
* Creation & Implementation of safety programs.
* Support Aseptic or Finished Production with safety management (20% time commitment).
* Provide safety expertise & solutions to all managers & projects for resolving known or potential issues.
* Provide safety training & tools for the core processes to improve safety performance.
* Communicate safety performance statistics on a monthly/weekly basis.
* Review all recordable accidents & coach root cause analysis, corrective, & preventive actions.
For assigned departments:
* Provide back up for emergency management/fire systems
* Increase the awareness of safety through various communication tools
* Other accountabilities, as assigned.
* BA/BS degree in a directly related field. Mandatory
* MA/MA degree preferred.
5+ years in safety
* Full knowledge of OSHA regulations Mandatory
* Good skills in root cause analysis for analyzing accidents
* Working knowledge of OSHAS 18001
* Industrial Hygiene
* Worker’s Compensation Management
* Emergency Management / planning knowledge & experience
* Pharmaceutical experience a plus
* Good communication & writing skills Mandatory
* Working knowledge of fire detection/suppression/prevention systems
Able to develop & manage action plans to achieve targets.
Physical & Other Requirements:
* Occasionally moves equipment and\or supplies weighing up to 50 pounds within the facility using various body positions
* Routinely operates and inspects manufacturing equipment using hands
* Must be able to be on your feet for up to a 12 hour shift
* Corrected Vision to 20/30
* Occasionally ascends\descends a ladder to service equipment and can work atop elevated positions.
* Occasionally works around odorous and\or hazardous materials
* Occasionally performs critical job functions in extremely cold work environments
* Occasionally positions self within confined spaces for inspection, repair and maintenance of equipment
* Ability to work in loud noise environments with hearing protection
* Occasionally works in outdoor weather conditions
* Ability to pass a driving exam for powered industrial trucks
* Able to work in an open office environment with the possibility of frequent distraction
* Able to work the hours necessary to support a 24/7 continuous manufacturing operation
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Novo Nordisk is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future would require sponsorship for employment visa status.
Department Site Services
Position Location US - Clayton, NC
State/Provinces US - NC
Job/Position Country US
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com